Elm Grove Elementary Back to School Letter: August 7, 2020
August 7, 2020
Dear Eagle Families,
We hope this email finds all our Eagle families safe and healthy! The start of this school year has been like no other. Please know that Humble ISD's leaders and collective departments have been working tirelessly to develop our district's back to school plan, all while working through an unprecedented and ever changing situation. Just about every procedure for how we open a school year and function on a day to day basis is being thoroughly examined and adjusted in some manner. Elm Grove staff have been busy participating in planning sessions about how we will provide a safe school environment for staff and students. Our teachers have also been completing training sessions for how we will continue to provide high quality instruction and engaging learning experiences for all our students, regardless of whether they will be participating through face to face or online instruction. As you can imagine, this hasn't been an easy task, but one we are committed to doing for our children!
Humble ISD’s revised elementary back to school plan is as follows:
- August 11: All students begin the year online.
- August 17: In-person classes resume for self -contained special education students whose parents chose on campus.
- August 24: In-person classes resume for all students whose parents chose on campus.
Online learning remains an option for all students based on parent choice throughout 2020-2021. Please visit Humble ISD’s Back to School webpage to learn more about the district’s back to school plans. Many of you responded to the Return to School Preference survey in June. However, if your decision has changed since then for how your child will receive his/her instruction beginning August 24, please complete the Learning Location Form as soon as possible. This is important for our back to school planning! (Online instruction begins for everyone on August 11.)
Some additional important information:
- The online Annual Update process must be completed each year for all current Humble ISD students before the first day. Visit the Annual Update Website for detailed instructions on the Annual Update process.
- Classroom teachers are hosting their virtual orientations on Monday, August 10th. If you have questions about your child’s virtual orientation, please contact their teacher or call 281-641-1700.
- If you are not able to attend a live orientation session, these presentations will be uploaded to the teacher’s Humble ISD website by the end of the day, August 10th.
We look forward to starting the new year and welcoming our Eagles back to the nest. I welcome you to reach out to me at email@example.com with any questions you currently have.
Elm Grove Elementary Principal