Policies and Procedures
In accordance with the Dress and Grooming policies of the Humble ISD Parent-Student Handbook, students and parents should keep these points in mind when planning outfits for school:
- Any form of dress or grooming that attracts undue attention, disrupts school, or detracts from the learning process is unacceptable.
- Hair must be neat, clean and well groomed. Hair style/color must not create disruptions or distraction.
- No sleepwear is to be worn at school. (Unless it is a designated WPE pajama day.)
- No type of head covering, cap or hat is to be worn or brought to school. Sunglesses are not allowed to be worn in the school building.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be mid-thigh or longer. No "short-shorts" are allowed. Fashions with slits to mid-thigh are not acceptable.
- Excessively loose or tight garments are not acceptable; all clothing should be appropriately fit.
- Shirts must be worn so as not to expose the bare chest and spaghetti straps are not allowed. Leotards, halters, tanks tops, and undershirts are not to be worn as outer garments. No midriffs can be exposed.
- Students may wear earrings. No other piercings are allowed.
- Shoes must be worn. Steel-toe shoes, house slippers, cleats and roller/wheeled shoes are not permitted. Additionally, at elementary campuses, heels over 1/2 inch and flip flops are not permitted.
- Elementary students are prohibited from wearing makeup.
- Exceptions to the Humble ISD dress code due to medical reasons must be approved by the principal.
If the principal determines that a student's grooming violates the dress code, the student shall be given an opportunity to correct the problem at school. If not corrected, the student shall be assigned to in-school suspension for the remainder of the day or until a parent or designee brings an acceptable change of clothing to the school. Repeated dress code offenses may result in more serious disciplinary action in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct.