2023 BOARD OF TRUSTEES ELECTION
On Saturday, May 6, 2023, the Humble ISD voters elected members to serve on the Humble ISD Board of Trustees. The official results are:
Roger Scarfo won Position 2 with a total of 5,465 votes.
Marques Holmes won Position 6 with a total of 3,662 votes.
Michael Grabowski won Position 7 with a total of 3,493 votes.
Humble ISD 2023 Board of Trustees Election Results_Cumulative
Humble ISD 2023 Board of Trustee Election Results_Precinct
Humble ISD 2023 Board of Trustee Election Results_Canvass
For detailed results, visit Harris County election results.
Election Day: May 6, 2023
Humble ISD will hold a General Election on May 6, 2023. Trustee Positions 2, 6, and 7 will be on the ballot to serve a four-year term.
Early Voting Dates & Times
Voting locations are not final and can be changed by Harris County at any time. For the most up-to-date information, please visit harrisvotes.com/Vote-Centers
First Day of Early Voting Monday, April 24, 2023 7 am - 7 pm
Tuesday, April 25, 2023 7 am - 7 pm
Wednesday, April 26, 2023 7 am - 7 pm
Thursday, April 27, 2023 7 am - 7 pm
Friday, April 28, 2023 7 am - 7 pm
Saturday, April 29, 2023 7 am - 7 pm
Sunday, April 30, 2023 12 pm - 7 pm
Monday, May 1, 2023 7 am - 7 pm
Last Day of Early Voting Tuesday, May 2, 2023 7 am - 7 pm
Saturday, May 6, 2023 7 am - 7 pm
Trustee Position No. 2: Robert Scarfo, Asdrubal “Dru” Gutierrez, Reginald Spivey, Erin Greene
Trustee Position No. 6: Marques A. Holmes, Audra Deaver, Holly L. Ham
Trustee Position No. 7: Natalie Carter, Michael Grabowski, Nancy S. Morrison, Leigh S. Marcus
Any registered voter who resides in Humble ISD may vote in the School Board Election.
Early Voting Locations Include:
Humble City Hall
114 West Higgins Street, Humble, TX 77338
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atascocita
5619 FM 1960 Rd E, Humble, TX 77346
Kingwood Community Center
4102 Rustic Woods Drive, Kingwood, TX 77345
San Jacinto College - Generation Park
13455 Lockwood Road, Houston, TX 77044
Early Voting Main Location - County Attorney Conference Center, 1019 Congress Avenue, Houston, TX 77002.
NEW - The Texas Ethics Commission has provided online training for filers. The video can be found here: TEC Online Training for Filers. After clicking on the link, select "Online Training For Filers", then select "Candidate/Officeholder", then select "Starting Your Campaign".
The first day to file an application for a place on the ballot in a school district’s general election is the 30th day before the filing deadline. The filing deadline for a general election is 5 p.m. on the 78th day before Election Day. Tex. Educ. Code § 11.055(a), Tex. Elec. Code § 144.005. The deadline to file a declaration of write-in candidacy is 5 p.m. on the 74th day before Election Day.
- First Day to File for Place on the Ballot: January 18, 2023
- Last Day to File for Place on the Ballot: February 17, 2023 (must be received by 5:00 p.m.)
An application for place on the ballot should be filed in person, by mail, fax or by email with the Elections Administrator. The office location is the Humble ISD Administration Building, 10203 Birchridge Drive, Humble, TX 77338. An application submitted by mail is considered to be filed at the time of its receipt by the Elections Administrator.
An individual is eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a Texas school board if the individual:
- is a United States citizen;
- is 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
- has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- has not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- has resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
- for an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot;
- for a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate’s name is written in; or
- for an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made;
- is registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described above; and
- satisfies any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
The Texas Education Code imposes additional requirements:
- To be elected to a school board, an individual must be a qualified voter: 18 years of age or older, a U.S citizen, a Texas resident, a registered voter, not determined to be totally or partially mentally incapacitated by an appropriate court, and not finally convicted of a felony. Tex. Educ. Code § 11.061; Tex. Elec. Code § 11.002.
- A person is ineligible to serve on a school board if the person has been convicted of a felony or an offense under Texas Penal Code section 43.02(b) regarding prostitution. Tex. Educ. Code § 11.066.
For more information or to request/submit an application, please contact:
Karen Martin, Elections Administrator