Should my child stay home from school?
Please use the following guidelines when determining whether or not to send your child to school. If you have any questions about whether or not to send your child to school, please feel free to call the clinic and discuss it with the school nurse at 281-641-5705.
1. Have or had a temperature of 100 degrees or more anytime in the last 24 hours. Students should not return to school until they have been at least 24 hours fever free without the use of fever-reducing medication.
2. Any vomiting the night before, or the morning of school
3. Diarrhea the night before, or the day of school
4. A persistent cough
5. A continually runny nose with white, green, or yellow mucus
6. Eyes that appear red and weeping
7. A rash of unknown cause anywhere on the body
8. Has received a doctor's note with a return date and that return date has not occurred
If your child is absent for any reason (including but not limited to illness), please call the absence reporting line at ACE Absence Reporting Google Form indicating the reason for and leave a message or use the absence/symptoms.