Working Together to Stay Healthy
One goal of the school nurse is to maintain a healthy environment for all children in our school.
In an effort to avoid students in the clinic feeling ill first thing in the morning, please use the following guidelines when determining whether or not to send your child to school. If you have any questions about whether or not to send your child to school, please feel free to call the clinic nurse at 281-641-2905.
Also, if your child will be absent for any reason (including but not limited to illness), please call the absence reporting line at 281-641-2919 and leave a message indicating the reason for absence/symptoms.
Students should be kept home from school for the following reasons:
- Temperature of 100.0 degrees or more anytime in the last 24 hours (Students should not return to school until 24 hours fever free without the use of fever reducing medication.)
- Any vomiting the night before, or the morning of school
- Diarrhea the night before, or the day of school
- Persistent cough
- Continually runny nose with white, green, or yellow mucus
- Eyes that appear red and weepy
- Rash of unknown cause anywhere on the body